Site Managers Refresher
The course aims to give candidates an understanding of their responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health and welfare and current health and safety legislation including risk assessment
Who Should Atttend This Course?
People who currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate - the certificate has to be renewed every five years by attending this SMSTS Refresher course.
Candidates must already hold a Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Certificate that has been gained within the previous five years.
What to do after this course
Scaffold Safety Inspection, and the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Construction certificate.
>> Course Content:
Current focus of HSE’s attention
Risk assessment and method statements
CDM Regulations 2007
Construction Health, Safety and Welfare (CDM part 2)
Reporting of Accidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences (RIDDOR)
Legislation affecting construction:
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health 2002
- Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Fire on construction sites including Fire Safety Order 2005
- Construction waste and Site Waste Management Plans
Candidates will gain qualification/certification in:
ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus certificate